The Elkton Recreation Commission may at its own discretion review, change, amend, and enforce rules pertaining to conduct at any time. The Elkton Recreation Commission may also choose to impose any penalties it deems appropriate with respect to any conduct detrimental to the goals of the activity whether written, implied or otherwise stated.
- The proper conduct of players and fans shall be the responsibility of the team manager.
- Disorderly conduct including, but not limited to, the use of profanity, shall not be tolerated.
- Any manager, coach, player, parent, or fan that voices strong and/or persistent displeasure with and officials decision or who loudly criticizes any player, official, coach, manager, or fan, before, during, or after and activity while on public grounds, shall be suspended for one activity period/game.
- The penalty for a second offense, or if a first offense is deemed to be excessive in nature, shall result in suspension of the guilty party for the remainder of the season. The suspended person(s) will not be permitted to participate in any Rockingham County Parks and Recreation activities as well.
- The use of particular facilities is granted to the Recreation Department and the rules of each facility shall be adhered to. Failure to adhere to the rules could result in the loss of use indefinitely.
- Accidents resulting in damage to the facility and its equipment shall be reported immediately. Failure to report may result in loss of use indefinitely.
- Any willful abuse of a facility and/or its equipment shall result in a one-year suspension from all Elkton and County recreational activities. The parties responsible for the damage shall be asked to pay for all damages. Failure to pay for damages may result in legal action.
- The use of tobacco and possession of alcohol and/or illegal narcotics is strictly prohibited on Rockingham County school grounds.
- The use of alcohol and/or illegal narcotics is strictly prohibited at any recreation activity or county owned property.
- Any participant, who threatens bodily harm to anyone, shall be suspended from all Elkton and Rockingham County recreation activities for a minimum of one year.
- Any participant, parent, or fan that physically assaults anyone shall be suspended from all Elkton and Rockingham County recreation activities indefinitely.
- Legal action may be taken in the event of any unlawful activity.
NOTE: The Elkton Parks and Recreation Department and the Rockingham County Parks and Recreation Department have adopted their respective Rules of Suspension. The Elkton Parks and Recreation Department may suspend indefinitely any participant for repeated offenses; the Rockingham County Parks and Recreation Department will honor this suspension.
Elkton Rec Senior Program
Held the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month at 11AM.
Ages 3 and up, held Monday thru Thursday 4:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
And Saturdays 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced and Cheer Tumbling classes available.
1st- 3rd grade, 3rd grader must weigh under 65lbs.,
held September - November.
Sign-ups start August 1
ages K-12th grades. Held September - November.
Sign-ups start August 1
ages K-12th grades. Held December - February.
Sign-ups start November 1
Held March & April. Cost is $45.00 per person.
ages 5th-8th grades, November – December.
Wednesdays at 6:00 p.m. at the EMS.
Tina Hughes-Instructor. Call 298-0811
Elkton Recreation Dance Center
Academy of Expressive Dance. Ages 3 and up, held at the Elkton Recreation Center on B Street at the corner of Ashby Avenue, next door to the Elkton Elementary School.
Mary-Liz Humphrey, Director
111 Ashby Avenue, Elkton VA 22827
Call (540) 298-2163
"Like" us on facebook: elktonrecreationdanceprogram
Fall 2016 Dance Registration Days:
Thursday, September 1 3:00P-6:00P
Friday, September 2 3:00P-6:00P
Saturday, September 3 9:00A-2:00P
Classes commence on September 7, 2016 at the Elkton Recreation Center, located on B Street, next to Elkton Elementary School
Classes will be offered in: Creative Movement, Ballet, Hip Hop, Tap, Jazz, Contemporary, Pre-Ballet, Yoga
For more information, please contact Mary-Liz
Soccer through Hurricane Sports Academy. For imformation email firstname.lastname@example.org
Elk Run Trail
Walk or run on the Elk Run Trail. Maps available at the EACC front desk.
*All amusement park tickets must be paid for with cash or credit.
Kings Dominion Good Any Day Tickets:
$43 Adults (Valid regular park operating days EXCEPT park rental days)
Spring Savings Days $38 Valid March 25-April 3, April 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 29, 30,
May 1, 6, 7, 8
Park & Rec Days $38 Valid June 24 - July 31, 2016
Fall Fun Days $37 Valid Sept 24, 25, 30, Oct 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30
All tickets available for purchase at the Elkton Area Community Center
*Tickets can only be purchased with cash or credit. Please call for availability.
Monger Shelter, Epic Shelter and Merck Shelter are available to rent starting the first weekday in February.
8am - 3pm $40.00
4pm - 10pm $40.00
All Day Fee $50.00
Print and return this form to the EACC to reserve one of the park shelters.
Call the EACC at 298-8730 for information on any of these activities.
Home | Town Departments | Town Council | Community | Business | Employment | Site Index